Sunday 6 March 2011

SOCA NIGHTS

I received the first, and rather sweet, review of Soca Nights last week and it had quite an effect on me. I had lowered the price mainly for Valentine’s Day, but partly also to see if there was enough interest in the book to justify publishing it in paperback.

The lower price prompted a flurry of purchases which thrilled me, but now I’m must choose between reverting the eBook to its original price, selling less copies but earning more royalties, or leaving it at the lowered price and tempting new readers who would not perhaps try my work otherwise.

I’ve decided to leave it at the lowered price because, although every cent/penny I earn takes me nearer to my dream of being a full-time writer, I write primarily for readers to enjoy. So, if I can entice more of them at the lower price then I want to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.

However, my erotica will stay at the higher price. Readers generally buy cheap eBooks without downloading samples first. This is perfect for Soca Nights as I know they will be very satisfied.  My erotica, on the other hand, is not for everyone. I want potential buyers to put much more thought into the purchasing of these books. I want them to download samples or visit my website to read more of my writing before making their decisions. As I’ve always said, I would much rather lose a potential sale than gain a dissatisfied customer.