Friday 4 March 2011

COMBINED BEDTIME EROTICA?

I’ve been toying with the idea of combining all three books in the Bedtime Erotica series into a massive Kindle book titled The Bedtime Erotica Trilogy.

Or, selecting my favourite stories from the three collections (a tough choice because they are my babies and I love them all) and compiling them into one volume titled The Best of Bedtime Erotica. Singers do this all the time, why not writers?

Or perhaps even re-editing all the stories and publishing cleaner versions of the books for Kindle, if not in paperback. I wrote these stories five years ago when I was new to writing erotica and thought the more graphic the sex, the better. I’m older and wiser now and though I still love the stories and re-read them often (I hope I’m not the only writer who does this!) I can see that perhaps a more subtle approach could be applied. It’s a tough decision because many of my fans love the books just the way they are and I still laugh my head off at the funny parts and get turned on by the sex scenes. But as I edit the second of my eight romance manuscripts, I’m beginning to see ways of enhancing my erotica.

Of course, any reader purchasing a book with a title Bedtime Erotica for Freaks (like me) will not necessarily be expecting subtlety! So I’m caught on the horns of a dilemma: do I leave well alone or do I fix what doesn’t appear to be broken?